I wasn’t planning on doing a second part to My Top Spring 2018 Beauty Releases, but there have been some amazing new product launches announced this week that I just had to share with you. Prepare to be excited…
Diamond & Blush Palette in Darya. Photos are from the Natasha Denona Instagram
Diamond & Blush Palette in Citrus
1. Natasha Denona – Diamond & Blush Palette ($89) – Natasha Denona unveiled her two new Diamond & Blush Palettes this week. These are not your typical blush and highlight palettes. They are the same size as Denona’s Sculpt & Glow Palettes with an almost identical design layout. Darya is a pink, cool toned palette that delivers an intense glow. Citrus is warm toned with the coral and orange color palette that the name implies and a more subtle glow. While Darya will probably best suit fair to medium skin tones, Citrus is ideal for deeper complexions. However, Natasha has stated that both palettes would work on anyone.
The Diamond & Blush Palette includes the six innovative cream and powder products listed below. Although they can be worn alone, these products were designed to be paired with one another. Each glow product has a different texture.
- Cream Blush – Cream blush can be tricky, but these are insanely pigmented and easy to apply using your fingers or a damp beauty sponge.
- Powder Blush – This blush is designed to be layered on top of the cream blush.
- Glow Cream – A versatile cream that can be used for a dewy glow or a base for all the powder shimmers.
- Glow Extreme Powder – This product is a more intense, shiny version of Denona’s classic All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer in Powder. The formula is packed with crushed pearls.
- Duo Glow – I mentioned Denona’s Duo Glow Powders in my Best of Beauty 2017. Natasha is releasing two new shades that are exclusive to these palettes. Darya features a pink highlighter that shifts to a nude champagne highlight. Perhaps the most unique shade is Citrus Duo Glow which is a lemon yellow highlighter with a green shift.
- Diamond Powder – Denona’s Diamond Powder is a new product that served as the inspiration behind these palettes. Natasha has said that she imagined an ethereal glow and cheeks that sparkled like diamonds. The formula contains crystals.
In conjunction with these palettes, Denona is releasing three new duo chrome Chroma Crystal Top Coats ($28.) These cream based eyeshadows are made of Chroma Crystals and crushed pearl. All of the products mentioned in this post are permanent!
I’m most excited for Darya but I plan to purchase both palettes. I’m also looking forward to trying out the Chroma Crystal Top Coats. If I had to pick a favorite shade, it would probably be Burnt Terracotta/Green because it’s unlike anything else in my collection.
Hopefully we will also see a new eyeshadow palette released as part of Natasha Denona’s Spring 2018 Collection!
Photo from the Trendmood1 Instagram
Photos from the Tarte Instagram
2. Tarte – Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Foundation ($39) – Tarte Shape Tape Foundation is officially happening! Here’s the lowdown: The foundation will be available in both Matte and Hydrating formulas in 15 shades. The Shape Tape Foundations are now live on the Tarte website! They launch online on Ulta on 1/21 and in Ulta stores on 2/4. Tarte also released a Paddle To Perfection Foundation Brush ($28) and The Shaper Sponge ($18) as part of the Shape Tape Family. I plan to do in-depth reviews of both formulas so stay tuned!
Update 1/22: The Ulta launch has been pushed back until an unknown date. After much public outcry, Tarte announced that they will release an additional 10 shades. (The initial launch only included three deep shades which is inexcusable in 2018.) Hopefully this will address the lack of diversity in the product line.
Photos from The Balm Cosmetics
3. The Balm – Mary-Dew Manizer/Bonnie-Dew Manizer ($14.50) – The Balm’s Mary-Lou Manizer has long since been a staple in my highlighter collection. This champagne hued highlighter is now a cult classic because it’s flattering on so many different skin tones. The brand’s most recent offering, Bonnie-Lou Manizer, is a classic gold highlighter. I haven’t picked up this shade as it seems like it would be too dark on my fair skin.
The Balm will be launching the Mary-Dew Manizer and Bonnie-Dew Manizer on 1/17 on their website. These products are described as a liquid highlighter and all over illuminator. I’m really digging luminizers lately, so I will definitely be picking up the Mary-Dew Manizer. If you have a deeper skin tone then you may want to try the Bonnie-Dew Manizer.
Will you be purchasing any of these products?