Sephora’s highly anticipated biannual VIB Sale is almost here! I’m excited to report that there will be two sale events for VIB Rouge! As per usual, Rouge will have first access.
- Rouge save 20% from November 3-6 and November 10-15 both in stores and online. Promo code: 20FORROUGE.
- VIB save 20% from November 10-15 both in stores and online. Promo code: 20FORVIB.
- Beauty Insiders save 15% from November 10-15 both in stores and online. Promo code: 15INSIDER.
The VIB Sale is the perfect opportunity to:
- Stock up on your favorite products such as foundation, skin care, fragrance etc.
- Try out new brands and products (particularly more expensive items) at a discounted price.
- Pick up holiday gifts for your loved ones.
During the holiday season, most major brands release limited edition gift sets that can save you some serious cash. The Sephora Favorites sets are always a big hit at this time of year because they include multibrand full and deluxe sized products.
Read on for my VIB Sale recommendations…
Photo from Sephora
1. Cover FX – Custom Enhancer Drops Set ($42/$50 Value – Limited Edition/Online Only) – The Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops Set features four bestselling liquid highlighters in the shades Celestial, Halo, Rose Gold and Moonlight. Each mini contains 0.15 oz of product for roughly $10.50 a piece; whereas the full sized bottles retail for $42 each for 0.5 oz. Basically, you’re getting four products for the price of one. The formula has a high concentration of ultra-refined pearls, so a little goes a long way. Therefore, the miniature bottles should last you a while. This set is also ideal if you want to sample the different shades. Celestial works best on my fair skin tone. These highlighters can be worn alone for an intense highlight or added to a liquid foundation for a more subtle, all-over glow. This set is on my wishlist.
Photos from Sephora. From top right: Sephora Collection – Sephora PRO Warm, Editorial and Cool Palettes
2. Sephora Collection – Sephora PRO Palettes ($68 – Limited Edition) – The Sephora PRO Palettes are available in three color story shades: Warm, Cool and Editorial. These palettes contain 28 high pigment, high performance shades in chrome, matte, shimmer and satin finishes. Each pan contains 0.04 oz of product. The palettes were designed by Sephora PRO Artists and include simple instruction application techniques. They are similar to the Morphe palettes in size but much more sturdy with a large mirror. I own all three palettes.
I would recommend purchasing them in the following order: 1. Editorial, 2. Warm and 3. Cool. Editorial is my favorite because it’s the most unique. I love the bright, bold colors and duochromes. However, I think Warm is the most wearable if you’re looking for an everyday eyeshadow palette. (See my review here.) The Cool Palette is my least favorite but it features some beautiful mattes. Since these shadows are so packed with pigment, you may experience some fallout. This isn’t a major issue as long as you apply your face makeup second. These palettes are limited edition and tend to sell out quickly, so don’t sleep on it!
Photo from Sephora
3. Beauty Blender – Blenders For All Seasons ($65/$80 Value – Limited Edition/Exclusive) – How did we ever live before the invention of the Beauty Blender? I use mine daily for multiple purposes such as blending out my undereye concealer, applying foundation, primer and liquid highlighter. There are a few different Beauty Blender gift set options, but this one seems to be the best bang for your buck. You receive four bestselling, full sized Beauty Blenders and an exclusive crystal nest. Since an individual Beauty Blender retails for $20, you are saving $15 by purchasing this set. Essentially, you’re getting a blender for free. It’s recommended to change out your blender every other month, so this set should last you well into 2018.
Photo from Sephora
I also recommend the liquid blendercleanser ($13-30) because it keeps your sponges and brushes squeaky clean. Personally, I prefer the liquid over the beautycleanser solid.
Photos from Hourglass
4. Hourglass -Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3 ($80 – Limited Edition) – I have two products to recommend from Hourglass. First, let’s talk about the Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 3. This beauty is at the top of my personal wishlist. Seriously, how gorgeous and luxe is that rose gold compact?! (Is it just me or are makeup companies really stepping up their packaging game this year?)
The palette features three bestselling and three new exclusive powders: Dim Light, Diffused Light, Surreal Halo, Pure Effect, Luminous Bronze Light and Hypnotic Strobe Light. Each pan contains 0.04 oz of product. Considering that an individual Ambient Lighting Blush will run you $38, this palette is an incredible deal. Hourglass’ powders are silky smooth and look beautiful on the skin.
Photos from the brand
5. Hourglass – Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette ($62 – Limited Edition) – This amazing highlighting palette will blow your mind. It includes Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Powders in Absolute Strobe Light, Pure Strobe Light and Lucent Strobe Light. Each pan contains 0.10 oz of product. These powders can be worn on their own or swirled together to create a custom glow.
Each shade is formulated with intensely concentrated, multifaceted pearl particles in varying sizes and refraction levels to give the most reflective glow to the high points of the face. The velvety texture ensures a smooth application as it glides across skin to reveal your most intense, amplified highlight, while the concentrated formula utilizes photoluminescent technology to intensify the way light reflects on the skin.
If I had to choose one palette over the other, I’d probably choose this one. Hourglass is a luxury brand, so I’d highly recommend taking advantage of the discount. You won’t be sorry as their products are of the utmost quality.
Photos from Beautylish. Natasha Denona – Joya #1
Natasha Denona – Aeris #2
7. Natasha Denona – Holiday Edition Eyeshadow Palette 5 – Joya #1/Joya #2 ($48 each – Limited Edition) – This probably won’t come as a surprise to anyone, but I’d recommend purchasing any eyeshadow palette by Natasha Denona during the sale. They are my all-time favorite eyeshadows and worth every cent in my book.
In particular, I’d suggest checking out Natasha’s two limited edition holiday palettes which feature her new cream-powder hybrid shadow formula. Aeris is my personal favorite because I’m obsessed with the shade Ice Blue (143CP.)
If you’re looking to drop a little more cash, I’d recommend the Sunset Eyeshadow Palette if you favor warm tones or the Lila Eyeshadow Palette if violet and fuchsia shades are your thing. Both palettes retail for $129. (See my Lila review here.)
And if you’re going to bite the bullet and invest in one (or both) of her famous 28 pan palettes ($239 each) then you can better rationalize to yourself, significant other, parents etc. that at least they were on sale. They are perfection.
Photo from Sephora
8. Tatcha – Skincare for Makeup Lovers Obento Box ($59 – Limited Edition) – Moving on to skincare, the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist is an essential in my routine. I use it as a primer or to refresh whenever my dry skin is feeling parched. This set is a great bang for your buck because you get a full sized Dewy Skin ($48 For 1.35 oz) in addition to three other Tatcha favorites such as the anti-aging Water Cream Moisturizer, Violet-C Radiance and Gold Spun Camellia Lip Balm. When you do the math, you’re only paying $11 for the three extra products! It’s a fantastic set to pick up if you’re interested in trying out Japanese Beauty Products. I’m really hoping to get my hands on this one. It’s currently available online but has sold out a couple of times so get it while you still can!
Photo from Pat McGrath Labs
9. Pat McGrath Mothership Eyeshadow Palettes ($125 each) – I recently acquired the Mothership II (Sublime – green) and Mothership III (Subversive – pink) Eyeshadow Palettes and they had me shook. From the formula to color selection and luxe packaging, legendary makeup artist Pat McGrath does not disappoint. I would go so far as to say that these are my #2 favorite eyeshadows after Natasha Denona. They are part of McGrath’s new, permanent line that also includes lipsticks, lip liners and eye pencils.
I’m not saying that everyone needs to drop $125 on an eyeshadow palette. However, if you’re going to splurge on these palettes, then now is the perfect time to indulge.
Mothership I (Subliminal – white) is the most neutral palette in the collection, but I think that Mothership II would also appeal to a lot of people. It’s probably my favorite out of the three. Mothership III includes more fun, fashion-forward shades to create edgy, editorial looks.
If you’re a serious makeup junkie, then I’d suggest treating yourself to at least one of these fabulous palettes. You really need to experience these magical shadows for yourself.
I’m dying to try her new LuxeTrance Lipsticks as well. (Read my review of the MatteTrance Lipsticks here.) I hope to find the Mothership I Palette under the Christmas Tree.
Stay tuned for a more in-depth review of the Mothership Eyeshadow Palettes.
Photo from Sephora
10. Sephora Favorites – Give Me More Lip ($68/$259 Value – Limited Edition) – I wanted to mention at least one Sephora Favorites set in this post. This multibranded lip set features fifteen very wearable lipsticks ranging from glosses to lip creams – including five full size lippies. A few of this year’s included brands are Too Faced, Huda Beauty, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay and Marc Jacobs. There’s really something for everyone here. It would also make a terrific gift. I predict that this set will fly off the shelves.
Final Thoughts: If you’re not already a Beauty Insider, then hurry to your local Sephora and sign up. You don’t want to miss out on this amazing sale! The program is free and you receive points for every dollar spent that can be redeemed for exclusive sets. Existing Beauty Insiders should receive an invite in the mail from Sephora sometime between now and the beginning of the sale. (I received mine yesterday.)
I hope that these recommendations have been useful in helping you get the most out of your hard earned cash. What’s on your wishlist for the VIB Sale? Please let me know in the comment section below.